A company sponsored 401k plan can be a great way to save for and build your financial future. These savings plans allow for pre-tax contributions from your paycheck, and the funds are deducted from your gross pay automatically. They can have numerous potential advantages that include:
- Matching contributions
- Tax-deferred earnings
- Various investment choices
- The ability to borrow money from your account and pay yourself back with interest.
However, once you leave an employer you may have some choices to make. You can:
- Let your account sit with no further contributions
- Roll your 401k plan into a new company sponsored 401k plan
- Close and liquidate your account (and have to pay early withdrawal penalties and taxes)
- Roll the old 401k plan into an IRA
OR… Roll that old 401k plan into a precious metals IRA.
Would you believe that many people actually fork over their hard-earned money into a 401k plan, later leave the company and then forget about their 401k account?
Crazy – but it happens… All too frequently.
Don’t let this be you. You worked hard for every penny and now it is time to get that money working hard for you.
Consider this an excellent opportunity to open a precious metals IRA account.
Why should you consider this option? Simple… In our view a precious metals IRA can potentially:
- Protect your purchasing power: It’s no secret the dollar has been on the decline for years now. Unfortunately, this trend is not likely to change. A falling dollar means your money buys less goods and services. That’s right, everyday things like food, fuel and clothing become relatively more expensive. Gold may potentially hedge against this risk, as gold often exhibits a negative correlation to the dollar.
- Increase in value: While no guarantees can be made for gold prices rising – or the price of any asset – gold has been in a long-term uptrend for some time. In our opinion, gold prices are likely to rise significantly in the future. Such a rise may be driven by investment demand, limited and finite supply and geopolitical/currency market dynamics. If you begin acquiring gold now and prices rise in the future, the value of your portfolio would rise as well.
- Gold is money: Gold has been considered a reliable store of value for thousands of years. Gold’s inherent value is recognized all over the world and gold can be transacted anywhere. The price of gold per ounce is the same in the U.S. as it is in Japan (although varying currency values may need to be considered). The bottom line, however, is that gold has value anywhere on the globe and is, in effect, a form of currency.
- Keep your gold or metals safe: When you buy gold, silver or other precious metals within an IRA account, your metals must be stored in an approved depository. These depositories feature state of the art security measures, detailed accounting and sometimes even insurance coverage. You can sleep well at night knowing your gold is safe and sound.
- Diversify your holdings: Chances are you do not currently have an allocation in gold or precious metals. These metals may potentially offer further portfolio diversification and may even potentially reduce overall portfolio volatility.
While this list could easily go on and on, hopefully you see our point…
Use an old 401k plan as an opportunity to begin building a precious metals portfolio.
You won’t believe just how easy it is. To find out, speak with an Advantage Gold account executive today. Our precious metals professionals will guide you through the process step by step, and will answer any questions you may have about a precious metals account or 401k rollover. Seize this opportunity and call us today at 1-800-341-8584.Tags: 401k rollover, add gold to my ira, advantage gold, precious metals portfolio, purchasing power