One of the primary benefits in our view of owning physical gold is the comfort that can be provided by owning a real, hard asset that you can touch and hold. Gold is considered to be a form of currency all over the world, and could be used as a medium of exchange anywhere on the planet.
Silver is also recognized anywhere in the world for its inherent value and, like gold, could be used to barter or make purchases if need be. At current price levels, however, silver is only a fraction of the cost of gold on a per ounce basis. In fact, at current levels it would take over 67 ounces of silver to buy a single ounce of gold.
We certainly recommend keeping some precious metals easily accessible just in case, although it makes sense to keep the bulk of your holdings in a secure location such as a depository.
That being said, silver may be the ideal precious metal to keep in moderate quantities at home or hidden nearby. Here are a few reasons to keep some silver accessible:
- Silver is easy to store: Silver can be bought in various forms including coins, rounds and bars. Silver bars are easily stacked, and coins and rounds can also be stacked or stored in protective tubes or sleeves. This makes storage of the white metal simple and easy, and one can even store a significant amount of silver in a small home safe.
- Silver is liquid and easily exchanged: Due to the popularity of silver, it is readily bought and sold and one will likely not have any trouble selling silver coins, rounds or bars. In the event that silver is needed in place of cash, the metal is widely recognized and one will likely have no trouble using it in place of paper currency.
- Silver is available in small sizes: Silver coins, rounds and bars come in various sizes. While the one ounce size is highly popular and very common, silver can also be purchased in fractional ounce sizes. Not only does this enable silver to become more affordable even for smaller investors, but it also may be helpful if ever needed for barter. It’s no different than needing to buy something for $.50 but you only have a dollar and the seller has no change. In the absence of paper money, fractional silver could be used for various everyday purchases.
- Silver could increase significantly in value: If a severe geopolitical or currency crises were to take place, the value of silver could potentially skyrocket-quickly. At current levels of about $19 per ounce, how would you feel if silver prices appreciated rapidly to $50, $100, or even more per ounce? Obviously, such price appreciation could be extremely helpful in such a scenario.
- Smaller investment: With silver currently being priced so much less than gold, you may be able to acquire a significant amount to keep on hand with a much smaller capital investment.
While we also recommend keeping some physical gold on hand, silver makes a lot of sense when it comes to these considerations. If you do not currently have any precious metals within reach in case of a crises, now is the time to consider adding these key metals to your overall investment plan.
At current prices, we don’t believe a better opportunity will come to begin acquiring and holding physical silver.
If you desire the peace of mind that physical silver ownership may provide, explore your options today. An Advantage Gold account executive can show you how to begin building a holding of physical silver to keep on hand, and can also show you step by step how to begin building a larger silver portfolio within your IRA account.
Don’t wait for a geopolitical or currency crises before taking action, take steps now to protect yourself and your financial future. Getting started is easy-just pick up the phone and call us today at 1-800-341-8584.Tags: advantage gold, barter, investing, portfolio, silver